TRIPSOLUTIONS: TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
Teamwork really does make the dream work, and when it comes to the health and safety of our travelers on tour, teamwork is essential. That’s why we partner with the industry’s best vendors, suppliers and educators to ensure our standard of excellence is always met. Regardless of a pandemic or the common cold, our team will be ready to assist and provide the best care possible.
ON THIS PAGE:
CONFIDENTLY MOVING FORWARD
We've raised the bar on all things health and safety
School Tours of America has a broad network of safety resources, including on-call physicians, who can meet the group at the hotel, and if necessary, access to the region’s first-rate hospitals.
These individual travel kits for every participant feature a custom STA drawstring bag for personal items, a protective mask, hand sanitizer, and an individual lanyard with emergency card.
STA continues to partner with authorized and approved vendors and suppliers to ensure that every staff member is certified to meet our standard of excellence. Please make sure you review our safety policies, protocols, and procedures below.
PARTNERS IN CARE
Only the best
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If a participant feels ill with symptoms of COVID-19 (which include fever, chills/aches, shortness of breath, coughing), our team will immediately facilitate movement of the participant to a location where they can safely be separated from others, while simultaneously engaging our On-Call Physicians or a local medical facility to consult on the next steps, testing, and treatment. Next steps would be:
- Establish and coordinate communication with the participant and the family
- Facilitate transportation for the participant to a local medical facility
- Coordinate quarantine arrangements for the participant, in consultation with local health authorities
- Provide guidance to the group to reduce the risk of additional exposure and coordinate testing
- Arrange for transportation for a family member to join the ill traveler
- Initiate thorough and proper cleaning of all necessary areas, such as hotel rooms, and motorcoaches
We will provide the resources necessary to facilitate the recommended treatment, including an isolated, chaperoned location for the participant to recover and arrangements for a new itinerary to return home.
STA will provide disposable masks for our participants, as well as reusable masks for our staff. All participants will need to follow any local, state, or national guidelines, and also follow any site-specific requirements for face coverings, including on the airplane and inside any cultural site or venue that requires a mask. When the group is on the bus or outside in open public areas, you may be able to make a group decision about wearing masks.
- STA has the best safety record of any tour operator in the industry and will never operate a trip if the safety or health of a single participant is compromised.
- Extensive Group Leader Professional Liability Insurance.
- Medical/Accident Insurance on all tour participants.
- Physicians on 24-hour call who will come to hotel or group on tour, if necessary.
- Tour Central Office for 24 hour access on tour.
- 24-7 Emergency Response Center for students and parents.
- Emergency Contingency Planning in the event of a city-wide emergency.
OUR SAFETY MEASURES INCLUDE
All tour staff is trained using a detailed Emergency Contingency Plan. Our East Coast office serves as the main point of contact, providing immediate response and communication with local and federal authorities.
School Tours of America maintains a 24-hour, toll-free emergency phone number (866-491-1543) exclusively for students and parents.
School Tours of America utilizes the services of on-call physicians who can meet the group at the hotel, and if necessary, students always have access to the region's first-rate hospitals.
Professional, Bonded Security
Private guards are stationed on hotel floors each night, ensuring that students adhere to the strict nightly curfew.
Medical, Dental & Accident Insurance
Tour participants are automatically covered by medical, dental and accident insurance.
All students wear a wristband or lanyard listing our 24/7 emergency contact information.
A representative from STA stays in the hotel 24/7 to ensure a direct line of communication at all times.
All tour personnel carry cell phones, and we encourage all students to bring their own cell phones.