Food, Chocolate, Coffee and Tea
Fundraising Tips and Ideas
Fundraising not only offsets the trip costs, it instills a sense of ownership and responsibility that will enhance a student’s appreciation for the experience. The following is a list of successful fundraising ideas we have seen work over the years as well as a collection of excellent articles on the keys to successful fundraising.
School Tours of America does not promote or endorse any particular company. The following list is for informational purposes only.
Fundraising Tips- for Groups
- Traditional Bake Sale
- Sponsor a Spaghetti Feed
- Bake Pizzas (pizza supplies)
- Create A Recipe Book
- Raffle Something Cool
- Craft Fair
- Talent Show
- Garage / Yard Sales (group)
- Car Wash
- Hold a Marathon
- Grade-a-thon (kids get $ for every A,B…)
- Restaurant sponsored Group/School Night
- Ask a Local Restaurant to donate a night where all proceeds are given to the group.
- Ask for donations of 'Loose Change'.
- Remove and recycle Christmas trees
- Penny or Coin Drives
- Participants guess how many pennies are in a jar.
- Offer a Parents Night Out/ Baby-sitting service.
- Fun/Unusual contests such as a “Break the Record” contest or “Guess Who’s Legs” contest. Raise money by charging for an entry fee and charging per vote.
Fundraising Tips- for Students
After School or Summer Jobs:
- Delivering a paper route
- Work at a Latch key or after school program
- Work at a Summer Camp
- Work for your parents
- Tutor younger students
- Do chores around the house
- Wrap presents for family and friends during the holiday season
- Take care of a neighbors House, Pets, Mail when they travel.
- Yard Work, Rake Leaves, Mow Lawns, Shovel Snow